Umbraco is an open-source content management system built using Microsoft ASP.NET framework, which allows you to run small brochures or business websites to huge applications with its own fully-featured environment and bulk of extended tools. Umbraco is developed with ASP.net and it is one of the most popular platforms of professional programmers. Currently, more than 100,000 websites are running on Umbraco.
Umbraco provides cloud hosting for e-commerce platforms for those who don’t want to spend the time on setting up and managing personal websites hosting.
Umbraco is extremely popular, powerful, extendable, and flexible. This is the reason it can run anything from small websites to complex applications.
As you see, using Umbraco for e-commerce is a frequent choice of thousand business owners and developers for good reason.
Advantage of Using Umbraco for Website
- You will be able to use a fully-featured environment of Umbraco for editing or storing data right after installation.
- Umbraco is a .Net platform and one gets support in terms of .Net user controls.
- It's simple to use and Powerful CMS: It allows you to maintain and manage your website exactly how you want, with its simple content management and editing tools.
- It supports multiple languages.
- It consists of the bulk of ready to use packages.
- Microsoft Support: It supports Microsoft Word or Windows Live Writer. With that, you can manage news pages or blogs without using a browser.
- Umbraco gives you Full Design control: You have full control for the appearance of your site with CSS, HTML, and ASP.NET controls.
- Umbraco provides the familiarity of WordPress, making content publishing extremely simple.
- Supports standard tools: It supports ASP.NET controls, master pages, HTML. It has add-ons which use XSLT and Razor macro. You can use different HTML editors such as Dream weaver or Visual Studio.
- Umbraco is a search engine friendly platform and makes one can start with search engine optimization right away.
- Umbraco is easy and fast to develop and does not require major technical skills for adding functionalities to apps and websites.
- Umbraco allows you to upload images, videos, and files in the media library.
- Search: With Umbraco, you can acquire results according to your search requirement with its in-built Smart Search feature. All users can find things on your website exactly according to their requirements.
- Umbraco supports Cloud: Umbraco runs on the cloud. Whether using Amazon EC2 cloud or Windows Azure cloud, you can deploy a site easily.
- It is somewhat difficult to use the newly developed Umbraco system immediately after installing it. Umbraco intended for developers to customize it for the project. Users can not directly see site pages and they can not directly edit content too. Though, while installing Umbraco, there is an option to use a starter package that creates an initial structure for a blog or personal site as well as a news site. But it still requires customization.
- If someone wants to create a website in a small amount of time and doesn’t want to update it frequently or sites which newer need to update in the future then you should not go with this kind of powerful CMS tool.
- Developers who are not that familiar with CMS, they can not easily develop a site using Umbraco, they have to study the system first and get an idea of how to use its functionality.
When it comes to web development and content management, using a reliable CMS that comes with the freedom to design anything you need really pays off. So if you want to develop a brand new website or migrate to a new CMS, as a prominent website development company, we strongly advise you consider Umbraco. We can also develop an e-commerce website using Umbraco and uCommerce Platform.
Umbraco is good and recommended if you want to develop a website with a large content database, marketing, and promo features, e-commerce, user-generated content, corporate, and governmental content, as well as those with lots of transactions and activities, such as gaming sites.
As a website development company, we are familiar with Umbraco to help you create a robust website to your requirements. Get in touch with us for more details.