Umbraco is a open source content management system built using Microsoft asp.net framework, which allows you to run small brochure or business website to huge applications with its own fully- featured environment and bulk of extended tools. Umbraco is developed with ASP.net and it is one of the most popular platform of professional programmers. Currently more then 100,000 websites running on Umbraco.
Advantage of using Umbraco for Website
- You will able to use fully featured environment of Umbraco for editing or storing data right after installation.
- Its simple to use and Powerful CMS: It allows you to maintain and manage your website exactly how you want, with its simple content management and editing tools.
- Supports Multiple Languages
- Bulk of Ready to use packages
- Microsoft Support: It supports Microsoft Word or Windows Live Writer. with that you can manage news pages or blog without using browser.
- Umbraco Gives you Full Design control: You have full control for appearance of your site with CSS, HTML and ASP.NET controls.
- Supports standard tools: It supports ASP.NET controls, master pages, HTML. It has add-ons which uses XSLT and Razor macro. You can use deferent HTML editors such as Dream weaver or Visual Studio.
- Allows you to upload images, video and files in media library.
- Search: With Umbraco you can acquire results according to your search requirement with its in-built Smart Search feature. All users can find the things on your website exactly according their requirement.
- Umbraco supports Cloud: Umbraco Runs On cloud. Whether use Amazon EC2 cloud or Windows Azure cloud, you can deploy site easily.
- It is somewhat difficult to use newly developed umbraco system immediately after installing it. Umbraco intended for developers to customize it for project. User can not directly see site pages and they can not directly edit content too. Though, while installing Umbraco, there is option to use starter package that create initial structure for blog or personal site as well news site. But it still require customization.
- If someone want to create website in small amount of time and don't want to update it frequently or site which newer need to update in future then you should not go with this kind of powerful CMS tool.
- For Developers who are not that much familiar with CMS, they can not easily develop site using Umbraco, they have to study the system first and get idea how to use its functionality