In this article, I'll tell you why you should transfer your application to a new "hot spot" and how it can pay you good results in the long run. This latest release from Microsoft helps developers easily develop new enterprising workloads to scale with major public clouds, such as MS Azure and Amazon Web Services.
Points you should know about .NET Core:
- It is an open source platform.
- It was developed and maintained along with communal support.
- It consists of four key parts
- .Net runtime
- Primitive data types
- SDK tools and language compilers
- The .net app hosts which allows .net core app to launch
- Flexible deployment means more options for using .net core. one can get more option as it has a flexible deployment.
- It is cross-platform design.
- Standard development makes .net core an agile development tool.
- .Net core characteristics as command-line tools.
- It is close to .net framework.
- If we talk about core, it is in the process of getting even more enhanced.
- This platform is part of digital transfiguration.
Advantage of moving to .Net Core 2.0
Performance is the most important benefit. When you mix new technology and language enhancement while compiling your code, you will surely get optimized code.
The good side is you don’t need to re-type your code. The compiler will by nature optimize it with new enhancements. This shows that Microsoft made a lifelong assurance to exhibit in ASP.NET Core.
Who doesn’t like less code? Yes, this new language features you to write less code which means its ease of use.
But, there are always 2 sides of a coin. If you are not aware of the new changes, they may be resistant to change and think for the next loop is just fine instead of using a LINQ statement.
When there is less to maintain, it’s always very easy to maintain.
When you are a working as a web architect or a beginner developer, it is part of your job to be updated with latest enhancements of language.
Yes, it is Hybrid. You can now write applications for Mac, Linux, and Windows.
And finally, a question comes in mind, is this cross-platform? Of course, this is cross-platform and you can write applications for Mac, Linux and Windows.