In the world of plenty of platforms, tools, and technologies, you will find many development languages to develop an application like ASP, JPS, Perl, CGI, and PHP. But, PHP language is considered one of the most popular & most widely accepted open source web development technology. PHP is adopted among web developers because it is easy to read and understand.
PHP development is gaining ground in the technology market. PHP Web development is considered to offer the most efficient solution when in combination with LINUX, MySQL, and Apache. This combination is better known as the LAMP technologies.
PHP makes a popular choice among all other development languages for business software and mobile app development. From various types of websites like e-commerce solutions to the feature-rich website, any new startup or well-established PHP development company can use PHP as its programming language to make different IT projects for a numerous number of practical reasons.
It takes a lot of time to develop an app or website from scratch. In many cases, you should have the functions that have already been made thousands of times, which is about as efficient as reinventing the wheel. And some of the frameworks can help you circumvent this problem, by providing you with a foundation you can build upon.
Why Use a PHP Framework?
A PHP framework provides a basic structure for streamlining the development of web applications. They speed up the development process and that’s why every developer is rushing after them to utilize in the development process.
Laravel was introduced in 2011. It has become the most popular, free, and open-source PHP framework in the world. It is capable to handle complex web applications securely, at a considerably faster pace than other frameworks. It simplifies the process of development by easing common tasks such as routing, sessions, caching, and authentication.
Why Choose Laravel?
- If you’re planning to develop a small or large application with complex backend requirements, Laravel is most likely to be used. With the help of Homestead, a prepackaged, all-in-one vagrant box, Laravel has become easier to implement.
- Loaded with full of features, PHP framework- Laravel will help you customize complex apps. It can also help you with seamless data migration, MVC architecture support, security, routing, view template engine, and authentication among many others.
- Laravel is a highly expressive, secure, and fast framework that matches the modern web application. Laravel is the perfect framework for developers who want to build B2B or enterprise websites that evolve with changing web trends.
CodeIgniter is a PHP framework that uses a Model View Controller (MVC) architecture. If you are a beginner, then CodeIgniter is the right choice for you to start development. It’s quite suitable to develop dynamic websites. CodeIgniter also offers solid performance, which means it’s perfect if you want to build lightweight applications that run well on modest servers. It’s highly-scalable web applications with a smaller footprint.
Why Choose CodeIgniter?
- CodeIgniter is a lightweight and straightforward PHP framework that’s easy to use and install, unlike other frameworks. Since it’s easy to install and highly illustrated documented, it’s the right choice for beginners.
- It consists of many features like top-notch error handling, simple documentation, and inbuilt security tools. It helps you in creating scalable apps.
- CodeIgniter is quite faster than any other framework. Due to its faster performance, it’s also recommended to develop a lightweight application to run on modest servers.
Another framework of PHP is Yii, which stands for Yes, it is!. It’s a simple, quick, secure, and evolutionary framework. It’s a high-performance, component-based PHP framework for developing modern web applications. Yii framework is suitable for all kinds of web applications. This is the reason, it’s a universal web programming framework.
Why Choose Yii?
- Yii framework is easy to install. Due to its robust security features, it’s highly secure for e-commerce applications, portals, CMS, forums, and many other applications.
- It enables applications to work speedily and perform better. It’s highly extensible, and it lets developers avoid the complexity of writing repetitive SQL statements, as they can model the database data in terms of objects.
- Yii has huge community support. So, if you face any troubles, you can post issues on the Yii forum and get it solved very soon.
Advantages of PHP Development
Few of the various benefits of PHP development technologies are :
- Freely Available - PHP is open source and is developed and updated by a community of developers from around the globe. Therefore, all its components are free to use and distribute. No hassles of license purchase or acquisition.
- Platform Independent - It can be run on all major operating systems like Linux, UNIX, Mac OS, and Windows. Cost-Effective Hosting and Free upgrades.
- Supports All Major Web Servers - Cost Effective Hosting and Free upgrades
- Highly Secure and Reliable - It has multiple layers of security to prevent threats and malicious attacks.
- Faster Developments - It uses its own memory space and thus decreases the loading time and workload from the server. The processing speed is fast and web applications like E-commerce, CRM, CMS, and Forums are also developed faster by it.
This blog gives you a brief idea about what PHP language is and why it’s used for. With PHP becoming a huge open market, the language will only continue to grow and develop. Because of its ease of use, high compatibility, wide accessibility, and cost-efficiency, it’s no wonder PHP is the most popular server-side scripting language.
This is the reason many companies have been developing many applications in PHP. Trusted for excellence in PHP web development, The One Technologies delivers highly innovative solutions on ultimate PHP frameworks. Dedicated to building robust web apps and mobile apps we have overcome all challenges to be the top service provider. Hire PHP developers from us to deliver secure and scalable PHP web development solutions.
Why do you prefer PHP to use over other languages? Share your thoughts with us.