2020 has some downfalls in the business and economy. It has allowed many businesses to join the online business race to boost their sales and revenues. From eCommerce business solutions to mobile app development, the technologies have made everything easier and simpler for users and businesses as well. And that has led to an exponential growth in the need for web development tools.
AngularJS is an open-source framework that is used to build a single-page application. This allows ReactJS developers to develop top-level apps that meet the needs of their customers. When it comes to developing web applications, the bar has been raised particularly in large part due to the more accessible mainstream frameworks. Generally, it helps developers to develop feature-rich mobile and web applications.
AngularJS has various tools which help developers build high-quality and robust web applications. As a versatile AngularJS development company, we have curated the top 10 best AngularJS development tools which will help developers to develop an app more effectively.
Best 10 AngularJS Development Tools You Need to Know
Table of Contents:
Karma is one of the most favorite and popular testing frameworks for AngularJS development. It offers the perfect testing platform which allows developers to test an app on a real browser and devices such as phones and tablets. Generally, it’s used for various testing like unit testing, E2E testing, and midway testing.
- Work effectively on all browsers
- Easily integration with Travis, Jenkins, and Semaphore
- Easy debugging
- Continuous integration
- Test on real devices
- Framework efficiency
- Plugin availability
- Need to install NodeJS
- Slow testing development tool
Protector is an open-source and end-to-end framework. It’s an interactive framework which is used for superior app development. With the combinations of several technologies such as Mocha, Cucumber, Selenium, and Jasmine, it helps developers to develop robust applications.
Protractor is built on top of WebDriverJS. It runs tests in a real browser interacting with the app as any normal user would.
- Capable of end-to-end testing
- Automatic synchronization
- Test on real devices
- Works with both angular and non-angular apps
- Easy to set up
- Eliminates unnecessary “sleep” and “wait” time
- Works efficiently on both real and headless browsers
- Lack of debugging features in certain projects
- Must be well-versed with Selenium for using APIs and other technicals
- Coding assistance for CSS, HTML, and NodeJS
- Robust features like debugging, testing, tracing, and profiling
- Smoothly run on ESLint, JSCS, TSLint, Stylelint, JSHint or JSLint
- Easily customizable as per your coding style
- Intelligent IDE
- Git Support
- Works without the need for scrolling
- Has built-in spell checker to avoid grammatical errors
- Coding assistance for different languages
- Not an open-source, hence, it’s a paid tool
- Not easy to open multiple projects in a single stance
4. Aptana Studio
- Easy integration
- Offers built-in debugger
- Command customization
- Tree-based code browser
- Easy and fast run common commands
- HTML5 supported code assistance
- Protocols’ usage such as FTPS, FTP, Capistrano, and SFTP
- Not have a proper stability
- Not relevant support for complex projects
- Asynchronous testing
- Easy to set up
- Uses a wide range of reporters
- Flexible and optimum test reporting
- Browser compatibility
- Suitable for TDD (Test-Driven Development ) and BDD (Behavior-Driven Development)
- Can’t run random tests
Djangular is a reusable app with better integration in AngularJS. It helps you develop AngularJS content per app.
Generally, Djangular uses both Django and Angular framework for easy creation of content for projects. With this tool, developers can easily develop app content. This facilitates the easy app integration of AngularJS with better flexibility.
- Offers namespacing AngularJS content
- Flexible framework includes components
- CSRF protected security
- Reusable app
- Helps develop project-specific content
- Not easy to adapt for beginners
7. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is one of the best text editor tools by AngularJS developers. It’s the best text code editor for developers. With this tool, developers can easily code. It’s the first choice of developers. It offers several packages to developers that make it easy to work with AngularJS.
- “Goto Definition” provides information
- “Goto Anything” for better navigation
- Enable real-time code error
- Multiple selections to change lines or variables
- Sort out in alphabetical order
- Plenty of plugins available
- Work efficiently on multiple projects
- Lightweight platform
- Offers easy file switching
- Not an open source
- Fast and has low overhead
- Includes library
- Available both for Node and the browser
- Does not require the DOM
- Open-source framework
- Provides straightforward syntax for easy testing
- Easy to code
- Strong documentation and community support
- Provides both frontend and backend tests
- Asynchronous testing can be a bit of a headache
- Expects a specific suffix to all test files (*spec.js by default)
AngularFire is a backend development tool when you are planning to develop an Angular application. It facilitates dynamic API features, 3-way data binding, and rapid development capabilities. It offers an active AngularJS development IDE in this relevance.
- Automatically data storage
- Real-time data synchronization
- Manages binary data files like images and videos
- Provide and Inject Firebase services
- Flexible and dynamic API
- Guard your Angular routes
- Amazing developer experience
- Ordinary documentation features
Ment.io uses Mentions and Macros widgets to remove dependencies on JQuery. Therefore, by applying the Ment.io directive directly to any element, it accepts selectable text inputs. Due to its jQuery independency, it offers flexibility to developers.
- Maximize transparency
- Highly used for experienced developers
- Not a friendly tool
- Not advisable for beginners
- Doesn’t have jQuery
The above-mentioned are the popular tools of AngularJS that every developer must be aware of. These tools will help you with multiple AngularJS development processes. If you are planning to develop AngularJS applications using tools, then Hire AngularJS developers from The One Technologies.
The One Technologies is the renowned and best AngularJS development company in India, offering scalable, reliable, and secure solutions for clients.