Aquarium Management - iPad Application
This application lets you see and control all your aquariums using a inbuilt monitor & control system. Access all the real-time data like temperature, water level, lighting, water change and control interfaces with iPad.
- Programming Language: Objective C, C# with Xamarin
- Database: SQLite
- Backend: Asp.Net WCF services, JSON
- Web Server: IIS 7.5 on Windows Server 2012
The client is manufacturer of Aquariums Monitor and Control systems. He wanted to design an app to interface with that system and allows user to remotely control it using iPad. Two main objectives were:
- To create a cross platform code, so it can be re-used for other platforms.
- Reuse already developed hardware controlling library built in C#.
The One Technologies has used Xamarin Studio and C# to fullfill client's both requirements. The application has following features:
- Live feed from IP camera mounted on Aquariums.
- Mode Control panel for activating feed, wave, water change, maintenance or demonstration modes.
- Store historical data of temperature level, water level, oxygen level.
- Graphical representation of historical data.
- Automatic reminders and push notifications to remind for water change. Crytical oxygen level etc...
- Identify out of tolerance conditions through the Message Center.
- Light and UV control.